Backcountry Travel Adventures for Bike Geeks and Other Cycling Stuff

Thursday, March 15, 2018

2018 Florida Divide rider Stacy Bolton

It's Florida Divide season. What's the Florida Divide, you ask? Then head on over to Trackleaders.com for a brief introduction, and to check out the current state of affairs. That's exactly what I was doing this past this past Monday (3/12) and several days prior. I had been following the steady progress of Stacy Bolton, who is riding his bike from Alabama to Key West, Florida on a mostly off-road route.

On Monday, Stacy was approaching the Central Florida leg of his amazing journey and the route he is following passes fairly close to my hometown, so I thought I'd take some time and take a ride to meet up with him on my own bike, and see first hand how he's doing. I caught up with him about halfway through the Seminole State Forest just outside of Sanford, Florida - 10 days and 873 miles into his 1500 mile journey. He was incredibly focused and in great spirits. We rode a few miles together and sat down for a few moments as he recounted his experience.

You can see more of my conversation with Stacy below.
(click here view video directly on YouTube)
Get more detailed info about the Florida Divide at singletracksamurai.com or on the Singletrack Samurai Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment